Thanks for checking out our blog. We hope you will enjoy hearing about our travels as we continue on our quest to visit all 424 National Park Units in the United States. To date, we have visited 420, taking us from Alaska, to Hawaii and to the US Virgin Islands and American Samoa, plus every state on the mainland. Although we have travelled extensively outside of the United States, the two of us have found there is so much here at home to see you could spend a lifetime exploring! We really encourage everyone to “See America First”!
Your modern-day explorers, Darryl and Kathleen Toupkin
National Park Units Visited to Date
As of November 2022, we have visited EVERY National Park (63 of 63) and we have visited 414 National Park Units – getting closer and closer to our goal of visiting all 423.
Here are the ones we have finished.
- 63/63 National Parks
- 11/11 National Battlefields
- 4/4 National Battlefield Parks
- 1/1 National Battlefield Site
- 9/9 National Military Parks
- 3/3 National Lakeshores
- 31/31 National Memorials
- 4/4 National Parkways
- 19/19 National Preserves
- 18/18 National Recreation Areas
- 2/2 National Reserves
- 4/4 National Rivers
- 3/3 National Scenic Trails
- 10/10 National Seashores
- 10/10 National Wild & Scenic Rivers
- 11/11 “Other Designations”
Here’s what we have left to do:
- 83/84 National Monuments
- Katahdin Woods & Waters, Maine
- 60/61 National Historical Parks
- War in the Pacific, Guam
- 73/74 National Historic Sites
- Honouliuli, Hawaii
- 0/1 International Historic Sites
- Saint Croix Island, Maine / New Brunswick
As you can see, we still have a bit of traveling to do and lots to learn. We’ve also found lots of place that we want to revisit and explore more!